Our vision is for all women to feel empowered and fulfilled at each stage of their life.
Becoming a mother is a transformational rite of passage and our aim is to provide social, emotional and informational support for you to have the best possible experience.
Pregnancy & Beyond
Our ‘Nesters’ groups can help you focus on having the best possible experience as you become a mother. It is open to all women and non-binary parents. Many women start coming in pregnancy and then continue to join after their baby has arrived as we support the transition to motherhood. There is a closed WhatsApp group for people to connect in-between sessions.
Our Perinatal Services
Friday on Zoom
Join our friendly online group every second Friday 6.30 – 7.30pm. For pregnancy & beyond. Online on Zoom.
Tuesday in Exeter
Fortnightly face-to-face sessions. Tuesdays @The Beacon Community Centre, Exeter, EX4 8LZ. For pregnancy & beyond.
Gentle yoga specifically designed for pregnancy and postnatal well-being. Monday evening. Online on Zoom.
The Nest Southwest Perinatal Peer support Network
As part of our perinatal services we have created a network of peer supporters who attend our groups to offer their support to other new mums. Our perinatal peer supporters follow the 5 principles of peer support.
The Five Principles of Perinatal Peer Support
1. Good perinatal peer support is safe and nurturing
2. Good perinatal peer support is accessible and inclusive
3. Good perinatal peer support complements rather than replicates the work of clinical mental health services
4. Good perinatal peer support provides opportunities for meaningful involvement of people with lived experience and peer leadership
5. Good perinatal peer support benefits everyone involved, including peer supporters